Calcutta
"I wonder, why I wonder?" -- Feynman

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Misty Messenger

This new year eve night, I celebrated in my way..I'd been cooking (my first alone venture) till an hour left to say "goodbye 2005".So our dinner had started in 2005 and ended in 2006.I use to fight insomnia,but on the get-go of 2006 I let it reign.I'd decided not to sleep over the sunrise.The possibility of waking up before dawn and watching the Sun rising behind the mountains by setting up an alarm in my cell-phone seemed a distant dream to me. Remain awake till sunrise was a better and easier option.I engaged myself in writing new year greetings and later in an online game (http://deathball.net/notpron/notpron.htm).....
The darkness outside the glass window faded slowly.It was a misty morning.Realizing the sun could not be seen till it rises well above the hills, I cancelled my idea of going out in the balcony.The light was diffused all over the sky and the sun was somewhere behind the mist.I was feeling hungry so took an unusual breakfast with the remnants from the dinner.Since I had no intension of sleeping over 1st Jan, I entered my bedroom for a quiick nap......and then it happend..............
A misty pigeon flew in from nowhere and sat behind the window.I call it misty because it was camouflaged by the misty background outside.It flew away as soon as I'd finished digiitizing it in two dimensions. Lying in my bed I'd been deciphering the message from the misty messenger ,while sleep took control over me.......
I was walking down an ice-paved street by a lake in which brightly illuminated houseboats were floating and a soft tune was coming from one of them.It was twilight.Children were frolicking with ice by the roadside.There were mountains all around. The vally was lighting up tardily...I saw faces of all ages in festive dispositon.... smiling, blushing, talking, whispering, conspiring ....all around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counters